CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Barbeque Chicken Salad

I have not made this yet, but had it at a neighbor's tonight. It was so yummy. It's similar to CPK's salad. I will add my own picture when I make it, but this is a picture of CPK's salad.


3 or 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts*
1 head of lettuce (I use the package of "Just the leaves" from TJ's), chopped
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 jicama, diced
3 or 4 scallions, chopped
1/4 c. cilantro, minced
2/3 can corn, drained
2/3 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2/3 c. jack cheese, shredded (cheddar works too)
tortilla chips, crumbled over top when you're ready to serve
lime juice, from 1-2 limes
barbeque sauce (1/3 c. opprox.)
ranch dressing (1/2 c. approx. and the Organic Ranch from TJ's is the best in my opinion. Its in the refrigerated veggie section)
(the CPK salad has chopped basil, you can try adding that also!)

Mix it all together and viola! (ps, its really good chilled!)

Ideas for cooked chicken:
1) Cook the chicken on high in the slow-cooker for 3 hours, with some barbeque sauce and garlic, then after let it cool in the fridge, cut it into half-inch cubes and mix it with more barbeque sauce.
2) Get the cooked chicken from the store and use that instead. Shred it and mix with BBQ sauce. I prefer this.

I leave out the jicama and scallions, but I am sure it would be good with them in too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So delicious - thanks! I've never actually tried a recipe from any source that worked right the first time. I brought this to a part-vegetarian family tonight to celebrate the birth of their baby, and just kept the chicken separate so the mother could add it in, but the father could leave it out. It tasted so good!