CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Beef Stew

Again...No picture. Sorry.

This is a great beef stew recipe that I found on thisweekfordinner.com. I have never found a stew recipe that we could actually enjoy. Easy, and my three year old loved it! I know it should be spring...but with the cold days we have had lately this recipe is perfect!

1 lb beef stew chunks
1/2 onion, or 1/2 packet dry onion soup
4 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes
2-4 stalks celery
2-4 carrots
3-5 potatoes

put the beef (I cut mine in even smaller pieces than it came in) and onion in the crock pot for 3-4 hours. This will give it a head start on getting super tender. Add water and boullion. Let it do its thing for a couple more hours. Add carrots and celery. An hour or so later add potatoes. About an hour before serving add some flour and butter to help thicken...the potatoes will help too. Salt and pepper to taste. Yummy!!!

0 comments: